Cambridge IELTS Book 11 Speaking Test 2 With Model Answers : Crack IELTS Free

 Cambridge IELTS Book 11 Speaking Test 2 With Model Answers

 

Part 1

Example

Friends

 

How often do you go out with friends? Why? Why not?

Usually ,  I hang out with my friends on weekends because on week days I am busy with my study and I also make time to help my family with agricultural work. We may go to the cinema or play any game if we have any public holidays.

Tell me about your best friend at school?

I would love to talk about my best buddy Ramesh Kumar. We studied together from 6th to 10th standard. He was one of the most brilliant students and he would often help me with my homework. We would spend our weekends in our garden. He is very successful at present. We meet once in blue moon as we are busy with our lives.

How friendly are you with your neighbours? Why? Why not?

I get on well with the people who live next door to me. Some of them are my relatives and I often make time to meet and greet them. On weekends we stroll in the part together and discuss various issues. We exchange domestic goods and other edibles.

Which is more important to you, Friends or family? Why?

It is tricky question. Both are integral part of my life. We sometimes go through a time where our family stands rest of the people show their back to us. On many occasions friends play crucial roles. We encounter with some issue and work out with the help of friends, cannot share them with family

 

Part 2

Describe a writer you would like to meet

 

You should say :-

Who the writer is

What you know about this writer already

What you would like to find out about him/her

 And explain why you would like to meet this writer

 

Model Answer :-

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies and I almost every day make time to read. So far I have read great authors of present time like – Deepak Chopra , Chetan Bhagat , Brendon Burchard , Robin Sharma and so on. They are widely read writers of their respective genres. But Robin Sharma influences me to great extent. He comes from Canada and used to be a lawyer.And I wish to meet him at least once in my lifetime.

He has written more than 10 books and I have read 5 of them. His books have been international bestsellers and translated in more than 60 languages of different countries. He is one of the most sought after public speakers, leadership consultants and authors. He uses simple language to convey his message to readers. He conducts motivation seminars and workshops to uplift the spirit of his audience.

I have watched his many videos on YouTube and I follow his instagram page as well. Whenever I feel down I listen to his podcast or video. Actually he is on a mission to make this world a better place. He simply says that whatever you find , leave it better, this quote inspires me a lot.

I want to know something about his daily routine who he manages to say positive in dark days.  I desire to imitate his daily routine so I advance in my life and serve the world around me. he lives in Canada and I think next year I would be able to see him in person.

 

Crack IELTS Free

Part 3

Discussion Topics

Reading and Children

 

What kinds of book are most popular with children in your country? Why do you think that is?

Mostly children like to read story books and comics in my country.  Books and comics like Ganesha’s sweet tooth , Stories of Maalgudi , Harry Potter and Chacha Chaudhary are widely read by kids. Some children love reading the story of nature titled panchsheel ki kahaniya in Hindi language. children are often seen glued to such books. They find their school books uninteresting.   

Why do you think some children do not read books very often?

Nowadays children are after video games they find books difficult to understand and their mind is not receptive to such information. They spend their maximum to playing games on mobile phones. Parents have to work very hard to convince their children to read books and learn something valuable. On weekend they play in parks with fellows.

How do you think children can be encouraged to read more?

Many publishers have found innovative ways to attract children to books. They try to convey the message through stories and pictures. Children face challenges initially; they can understand pictures and stories well. Education books also apply the same concept so young minds could read books and don’t shy away. I think interactive books are going to be first choice of students as many state governments are working on this area.  

 

Reading for different purposes

Are there any occasions when reading at speed is a useful skill to have? What are they?

I personally believe that we should work on our reading speed to grasp maximum information in short period of time. In this competitive world , information is currency if you hunt for more educational and informative stuff your reading should be more than an average person. the students who have to take competitive exams , try many exercises to improve reading speed.

Are there any jobs where people need to read a lot? What are they?

Reading module of IELTS requires good speed and understanding. Students have to improve reading speed to complete 3 passages in given time frame. Journalists have to read a lot because they often invite people of different disciplines to have group discussions and debates. The officers who handle administration are supposed to be well informed they also read a lot.

Do you think that reading novels is more interesting than reading factual books? Why is that?

Stories are compelling and mostly writers apply this concept to bind the attention of readers. If I talk about books that contain facts and figures demand concentration and energy. If you are good at certain subject then you may find such books easy to grasp otherwise people love stories because they can link the information and comprehend it.

Post a Comment

0 Comments